The first season of the series was first released in 2008 with fifteen episodes.
- The Trouble With Trucks - Thomas has trouble with some trucks.
- Stepney's Problem - Thomas decides to help out Stepney after the bigger engines tease him about pulling the fossil car.
- Thumper Saves the Day - Thumper saves the day after stopping Boulder from causing certain damage.
- A Scottish Tale - Donald and Douglas have different jobs on the railway, but when Donald is unable to pull his train, Douglas gets to do a job he has always dreamed of.
- Toby and the New Engine - Toby meets a new engine and tends to befriend him.
- The Trouble With Spencer - Spencer plans to get revenge on Mike, but he is later taught a lesson by The Troublesome Trucks.
- Lorry Takes A Tumble - Lorry 1 tries to do things "his way", which leads to disaster.
- Duties of The Diesels - Class 40 and Spamcan are sent away after causing trouble and are replaced with Wilbert and Frank.
- Wilbert to the Rescue - After Class 40 and Spamcan are sent away, Sir Topham Hatt welcomes Wilbert and Frank to come to the railway.
- Wilbert and Tigermoth - Tigermoth and Wilbert get into an argument which leads to disaster.
- Frank and the Trucks - Frank gets paid out by some trucks after teasing Duke.
- Wilbert, Frank, and the Milk - Wilbert and Frank work together to take two milk tankers to Farmer McColl's Farm.
- Thomas' 4th of July - Thomas attempts to take The Sodor Cookie Cars to Farmer McColl to bake a cake.
- Gordon Plays a Trick - During a railway inspector's visit, James is asked to take the express, and Gordon takes out his anger on James.
- Murdoch and the Express - Gordon is stuck in the shed, and Murdoch is asked to take the Express.