Rickety is a troublesome truck.
He was also one of the trucks that Mighty Mac shunted in a train of trucks that Sir Topham Hatt had told them to shunt but they caused an accident too.
Later on, Mike was sent to pull the Sodor Cookie Cars and Murdoch warned about the cars being extra troublesome that morning. Mike didn't listen however and said if they weren't he'd teach them a lesson himself and he was pushed off by Culdee accidentally and wanted to get revenge on Duncan afterwards. He was also foolishly helping S.C. Ruffey and Fred Pelhay in his plans and when Frank didn't want to listen, Rickety was one of the trucks who was shunted.
As seasons past this troublesome truck was used in many freight trains but only made cameos throughout the seasons passing on and on…
However his plan didn't work as Rickety and the rest of the cars caused a splintering crash knocking Mike off the rails and needing to be rescued!
Rickety was astonished and angry when Ryan called him and the other trucks 'dirty things.'
- Season 1: The Trouble With Trucks and Thomas' 4th of July (does not speak)
- Season 3: Double Trouble (does not speak), Mike's Ice Cream Party, Clumsy Culdee, Rickety's Revenge and S.C. Ruffey and the Foolish Freight Cars (does not speak) and Frank and Fred the Orange Coal Car (does not speak)
- Season 12: Truckus Ruckus
- Season 13: Toad Gets Towed (does not speak)
- Season 14: S.C.Ruffey's Sweet Tooth and Flat Stanley (cameo)
He also appeared in a discussion.
- Rickety was the first blue troublesome truck introduced in Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends Wooden Railway Adventures, the second being the Blue Truck.
- Rickety is usually pulled in freight trains and the Sodor Cookie Cars.
- There are four different versions of Rickety that are used throughout the series.